[Amps] Scope book

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 13 16:59:37 EST 2006

All,

Some on here were wondering about operating a scope correctly and what everything does. I dug out an old book I've had since I first started in this that I got from a cousin back in 1980. The books title is "Oscilloscope Handbook", and was written by Clyde Herrick, copyright 1974 by Reston Publishing. The ISBN number is; 0-87909-597-0. It talks about every aspect of the way a scope works from the CRT, each circuit section, and how to use it. There is a good chapter called "Signal tracing and troubleshooting proceedures", that will be of interest. It goes on with TV troubleshooting in the next chapter, then scope maintenance.

Best,

Will