[Amps] DRAKE L7 Plate meter update 2 and now PS

HAROLD B MANDEL ka1xo at juno.com
Fri Mar 17 06:47:06 EST 2006

Dear Marc,

They might be bleeder resistors.

With just the HV supply running and the tubes not conducting, the
bleeders are across the HV output.

I run 100K ohms at 200 watt resistance on a 3.5 ~ 4.25 KV supply
and it gets warm.

Last year I built a supply using 100K at 50 watts, 4 pieces in series,
and one of them failed and I accidently touched the HV+ beehive
stud 1/2 hour after shutdown and I was belted across the room!

Do the math. Measure what your HV is and calculate the
amperage and wattage going through the resistors.

You might want to consider an upgrade in devices if they are
cooking during operation.

Hal
W4HBM