[Amps] Gonset GSB-201 Mods

KA9S - 2 ka9s2 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 15:05:42 EST 2006

The paragraph above stated

" I am getting a Gonset GSB-201 that has modifications. ........and the HV
choke input filter choke is missing."

There is no filter choke left in this amp. I can only configure it with the
filter capacitors alone. The choke is gone. The orininal purpose of the 50K
resistor was to draw enough current through the filter choke (which again is
gone now) to keep the supply in regulation. If the supply no longer has a
choke, I see no reason for the 50K resistor.

- Jeff - KA9S