[Amps] Tuned input board on SB-220

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Fri Mar 24 11:45:39 EST 2006

Yes you are right they do "both matter" but my point was that with the high
Q output tank circuit of the amp it is going to clean up the waveform pretty
well to where I don't think you would see any difference in the output
waveform whether the input is tuned or not. After all look what it does for
the class B waveform! Now if you were to look for 3rd and 5th order output
products that's a different story.

Looking at the cathode input of the amp with and without a tuned circuit is
where you will see the difference in waveform with a scope.

73
Gary  K4FMX