[Amps] identification of surplus tank

KD7QAE KD7QAE at ARRL.NET
Sat Mar 25 18:16:16 EST 2006

All,

I picked up this lovely tank assembly and an extra coil identical to the
one in the tank as well last week at the Puyallap ham swap meet near
Seattle.  The coil is wound on a large ceramic form approx 3" x 12" and
is tapped in 5 places.  The coil wire is #8 AWG bare and silver plated.
The inductance of the coil is approx 47uH.  The taps go to terminals on
one end plate which are part of a large 6 position rotary switch.  The
end plates are of some sort of hard insulator which is grey and has
shiny flecks in it.  Mounted under the coil and parallel to it between
the end plates is a 420pF air variable with approx 3/16 spacing.  This
looks ready to drop into an amplifier as a tank circuit and mus have
come from some sort of military gear from what I can tell of the
markings.  One hint is that the coil is marked L5.  Any thoughts as to
where this came from?

TOmm, KD7QAE