[Amps] estimating the impedance of amp input and outputs?

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 10:30:18 EST 2006

Dan,

On semiconductors, it about easier to reference the spec sheets on the individual part. That is if your building the amp around their recommended specs. Most all transistors used for RF amps show both the input and output impedances on the sheets. Transistors will have a low impedance of something like 1.5 ohms each for a total somewhere around 3 ohms for two in push-pull, and FETs' will have a high impedance. The difference is because transistors are current controlled, and FETs' are voltage controlled. I'd go on the net to a place like datasheet.com and see if I could look them up. That's what I use all the time.

Best,

Will