[Amps] correctness? who decides?

John T. M. Lyles jtml at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 29 13:27:57 EST 2006

I am not judging a guy/girl for their use of less than perfect
english on the AMPS at contesting.com list. As a matter of fact, we have
foreign participants (gads, people from outside of the USA!) who
don't have total control of the English langage, but they, too,
participate in the technical discussion, and they don't get corrected
by an English major or even a ham. A lot of people don't capitalize
in their emails, and don't even complete sentences. So what? Is it
too much to ask that if someones email to a group bothers you, just
delete it, you don't have to enforce your own subjective guidelines
on the whole group. Thank goodness for free speech, eh?

I suspect that the adminstrator is going to get upset by this topic
running off from RF amplifiers, so I better QRT.

73,
John
K5PRO