[Amps] "I gotta tell this"

Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL kgrimm at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 29 17:02:11 EST 2006

Theo Bellamy wrote:

>    carl / kz5ca wrote:
>
> >  So what's wrong with QRP ???
>
>Nothing, unless you want to work 5 land from SC on 75 in the summer.
>Summertime static on 75 meters is 20 to 30 db over s9. I keep in contact
>with friends back in 5 land. There are times when qrp is dandy. There are
>times when it is worse than useless. It often takes the legal limit to be
>heard over Mother Nature a thousand miles away on the low bands at night.
>
>Theo K4MO

Theo's right.  For Pete's sake, this is the Amps reflector and anyone who is a member and even mentions QRP should have to write on the blackboard 100 times:  "QRO cures many ills."
 O:-)

Ken K4XL
k4xl at arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr