[Amps] Change Bands Quickly

AA6DX - Mark aa6dx at arrl.net
Wed Mar 29 18:49:55 EST 2006

My LK5ØØ-NTC is pretty quick for a tubester ..  "CLICK" ... HIHI .. 73
Mark  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX at ARRL.NET
Bill Turner wrote:
> When I have as much money to spend as the broadcast, commercial and
> military I too will go solid state. For now, tubes are more
> cost-effective at the ~1500 watt level. The minute that changes you
> will see a mass migration of hams to solid state, including me.

If one of the features that you consider a must-have is the ability to
change bands in less than a second, then the picture changes.  An
autotune tube amplifier is much more complicated and expensive than a
solid-state unit with switchable output filters.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco