[Amps] AL80A

Georgens, Tom Tom.Georgens at netapp.com
Thu Mar 30 10:15:49 EST 2006

Hello -

My AL80A in Barbados failed after years of reliable service.

It looks like all of the diodes on the rectifier board are shorted.  I
also noticed that one of the diodes had a chunk blown out of it.  I can
obviously replace the diodes but I would like to know why they all
failed.  Is it possible that if one diode fails, they all fail?  Or,
should I be concerned about a problem further down stream.  Rudimentary
ohmmeter checks of the capacitor bank/load looked normal

Thanks for your help.

Tom W2SC 8P5A