[Amps] HP 3336B

Will Matney craxd1 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 31 12:57:41 EST 2006

Gary,

Thanks! I think this is the same manual I downloaded off HP's website. It has the operating and service manual in one pdf. What I saw about the connectors dont bother me that much as you can get a WECO to BNC connector. HP had one made up also, but I'll bet one by Pamona is 10X cheaper. I can also get a 75 to 50 ohm transformer that is made the same way. The main thing I was looking at was the accuracy on everything. The aging on the thing is almost as good whether it does or doesn't have the ovenized oscillator. However, you can connect one, and I have the same one it would use in my HP counter with an output. The service manual mentions using the exact same counter I have to align it (HP 5328). I'm more wanting this to test counters with, and align 10 MHz frequency references. The 21 to 60 MHz output from the back connector is a plus where you can use the thing just like a RF generator but more precise. This getting you 10 Hz to 60 MHz from the two jacks. If I could find the 3336C, I would buy it if it was a good price, but the 3336B may have to do.

Best,

Will