[Amps] Diathermy machines

Jim Kearman jkearman at att.net
Wed May 3 09:04:51 EDT 2006

A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to buy a diathermy machine for $10. The case was somewhat larger than a full-sized PC tower, and pretty heavy. I think it ran on 27 MHz. I let it go because I wasn't up to opening the case to see what was inside. The seller said it had two tubes but didn't know what they were. It seemed like a good start for an HF amp but I have too many projects as it is.

Are, say, post-1950 diathermy machines good parts sources for amps? Seems like the power transformer might be worthwhile if nothing else. This one was wired for 117, though. Thanks.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/