[Amps] RE : who needs it? Henry 8K

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Wed May 24 10:50:06 EDT 2006

> is contesting like world politics?  Whoever has the most powerful  atomic
> bomb is the winner.
> Couldn't resist :-)
In twenty odd years of vhf contesting, the crowd I was with tried
numerous sites, antenna systems, rigs and so forth. The only thing where
we found that there was a consistent relationship with improved results
was increased power. We didn't find an endpoint in the trend.

We did go to great lengths to have some of the cleanest signals around,
and I'm sure the effect wasn't simply the result of splatter or overload.

Success takes far more than just high power but, to quote Luke
Skywalker, 'you can't beat a good blaster'.

Steve