[Amps] LK500 various

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Tue May 30 16:48:34 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/30/2006 4:42:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net writes:

I would  like to add the things will work reasonably okay if you use a single

socket, dedicated 15 or 20 amp 110-120 v outlet to connect the amplifier  to
your house mains.

Gary... wa6fgi

Reasonably okay is the key.  I don't think anyone refutes this, but if  one
is going to install a dedicated outlet as you mention, why not simply make  it
240v?  No real extra work involved, just a 2 pole breaker instead of a
single.  AND....irf one had a 120v dedicated line it can easily be changed  to 240.

Simply put....AMPS WORK BETTER ON 240V