[Amps] DIN Connector

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Wed Nov 1 18:31:45 EST 2006

> Someone told me that folks are using a "DIN" connector for
> the output of a
> high power amp.  I need some specifics so I can go get
> one.  I'm looking for
> something that will handle at least 5KW(I like to transmit
> into the dummy
> load).

Unless you are running 10kW plus on high duty cycle modes or
you just want to impress people, I'd suggest you just use a
good quality UHF connector. A good quality UHF connector
will handle 10kW and never break a sweat.

For larger amps an EIA flange or DIN is OK.

At 5kW I think anything other than a UHF is a waste of time
and money.

73 Tom