[Amps] 4CX1500 class AB1 vs. AB2

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 2 21:53:39 EST 2006

>I had a few rigs that were terrible. One was an IC775DSP.
When set for 50-60 watts it would spike to around 350-300 watts. My AL1500,
when loaded normally at 2000w carrier, would just dump when I used it. If I
had a loose goose grid I'd never have known it was a problem.

This seems strange to me.  I have a IC775DSP that was used with an Alpha 87A
for several years.  There was never a problem like you have described.  Was
this because of amp design that absorbed the spikes?  ALC has never been
used with this amp.

73, Keith NM5G