[Amps] pi filter QBL 5/3500

PE1E PE1E at chello.nl
Tue Nov 7 08:22:40 EST 2006

Thanks to the various respondents !
This did help.
I therefore now renounce the roller inductor and will use instead .3" wide
spaced copper pipe, tapped on the 80-10 bands plus a 160 mtr switchable
extension.

I still have one major concern.
I am to use this amp for HF SSB speech service.
One of the respondents warned against serious distortion ( I guess IM3 ) of
the G2DAF concept.
I therefore did reread and reread the original G2DAF article but he
enumerates under his concept's advantages  a.o. " very low intermodulation
distortion product level ".

This confuses me.
Though I am fully aware of the unusual dynamic characteristics of the G2DAF
amp I still wonder if and why IM would be disqualifying or not.

I am to spend considerable time, effort and money in this PA project and I
therefore would appreciate to be enlightened in this respect as much as
possible.

Peter, PE1E