[Amps] class "A" RF amp question

Gudguyham at aol.com Gudguyham at aol.com
Wed Nov 8 14:37:01 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/8/2006 2:29:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rbonner at qro.com writes:

I'm  surprised more AM operators haven't built modulators to add to things
like  AL-1200's etc and plate modulate them.

Many years ago after I got rid of my plate modulated Viking Ranger and got
an FT-101 I used to run Am with it but if the plate meter flickered higher than
 the resting carrier it was flat topping.  the only way to fly with AM is to
modulate the amp as well.  So Bob I agree!   Lou