[Amps] History of AMPS

Chris Howard chris at yipyap.com
Tue Nov 14 10:37:16 EST 2006

I'm the guy who was asking questions earlier this summer about
grid fuses and what the controversy was all about.

I thought it was a very interesting conversation.  I learned a lot.

One of the ways I learn is by getting experts to talk about
the boundries of what is known and what is unknown.  Get two
experts in a room and get them to argue about whether String Theory
is true (or whatever the controversy is in their field).
It makes for a quick education.

But it's kind of a dangerous way to go, because it inflames old
rivalrys;  There is the possibility that it will turn personal.
And there's always the silent majority who have heard
the arguments before and just want the experts to find a way
to get along.

So, sorry if I messed things up.  I did learn a lot from the
conversation.

Chris
w0ep