[Amps] Grid Meter

JMLTINC at aol.com JMLTINC at aol.com
Sun Nov 19 11:10:09 EST 2006

Please help me; I have already searched the archives.

I have a Henry 3K Ultra (3CX1200A7) that suffered a plate choke flash-over.
This took out the diode that holds B- near ground (as well as the safety diode
and capacitor in the remote console). This has been repaired.

My problem is: when the amp is keyed (no drive) the grid meter slams forward
against the peg. Does this with two tubes. Disconnect the filament leads and
it does not budge.

The amp does idle with plate current just below 100ma, and does put out full
power.

Any thoughts.

Thanks, folks.
-John, N9RF