[Amps] FS: Very Large Transformer $0 to ?

Jim Smith j-r-smith at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 24 23:53:07 EST 2006

Hello all,

I've got this transformer that I thought I had sold a few times now, but the
transaction always seems to fall through before completion. Now I just want
to get it out of my way. Instead of asking a couple hundred dollars for it
as I did before, I'll accept bids for it beginning with $0.00 and you'll
pick it up here in Fair Oaks, CA and take it off my hands.

Email me off list with any questions and offers. At the end of next week,
I'll accept the best offer I've had.

Below is a modified version of the last attempt I made to sell it:

I have a very large transformer for sale that I purchased for a
4CX10,000D/8171 amplifier project. I purchased the 4CX10,000D/8171 tube only

to have it arrive damaged. I then purchased this transformer along with the
tube and socket, only to have this tube and socket arrive damaged also. I
shelved the project indefinitely, and lately have been thinking of selling
the transformer.

The transformer weighs roughly 350 pounds. It was originally used in
commercial equipment with a 4CX5000A/8170 tube which has the same power
requirements as the 4CX10,000D/8171. It was so heavy, it had to be
disassembled into six separate boxes for shipping. The seller did not know
the voltage rating, but this is a very large three phase transformer. I
figured I could use a number of configurations with just one coil, or two in

either series or parallel to get a variety of outputs that would be much
more than suitable for my needs.

Jim Smith,

KQ6UV