[Amps] FL2100Z Low power on 160meter band

Kees - pa7two pa7two at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 4 07:04:30 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Rebuilding my Yaesu FL2100Z which burned-out almost completely by a previous owner, I have the unit up & running after noumerous repairs. From bandwafer switch till the majority of the CAPs and build-in all the modifications as listed on the Internet. On the bandwaferswitch the 160 meterband contacts were burned out!

Now, I am facing a 450 watts output only on 160meterband while all other bands do at least 550.
I also see some red coloring happen on the (Chinese brand) 572b tubes by full output.
I replaced C35 from the fitted 365pf to a newly fitted 320 pf. (Note: C35 is in the schematic 250pf !?!?)
Now I have a PLATE setting of 6 and a LOAD setting of 3 on 160m using a 1000 watt spinner dummyload 50ohm. (Before I swapped the C35 I had a PLATE setting of more than 10 and LOAD of 8)

Who can indictate to me were to look? Or....is the lower output absolutely normal on the Yaesu FL2100Z amplifiers? I would expect a higher output compared to the higher frequencies?

Vy 73, de Kees   pa7two at amsat . org

>From 'This Book Will Save Your Life' by A.M. Homes:
And the cop taking the report is saying to Richard, "I just want to get this right. You were driving behind them and the car started talking to you?"
"SOS, SOS," Richard says, "in Morse code."
"And what's that, Morse code? Is that something I should know?"
"Yes," Richard says.
Cop: "Some kind of high-tech Internet talk?"