[Amps] Glued meters !

k7fm k7fm at teleport.com
Wed Oct 4 21:51:27 EDT 2006

"Glues have come a long ways from the old days"

Many airplanes are put together with glue.  My wings are held together only
with glue and the skins are just ready to put back on with glue.

The silicon adhesives are excellent at vibration resistance.  There can be
some bonding issues, but that is minor.  I used Shoe Goop to attach
electrolytics and have never had a problem.  For high voltage caps, I would
use some other binding method as you do not want high voltage rattling
around.  However, even a tie wrap works fine.

Colin  K7FM