[Amps] 8877 HIPOT

Paul Marbourg zborg at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 15:20:43 EDT 2006

Hi Jim,

Make sure the DUT has been properly degreased before deciding it has failed
the hipot test.  Finger grease residue on the 8877's ceramic can easily
allow 40 microamps to flow externally at 4000 VDC.  Formula 409 is an
acceptable degreaser product for the ceramic insulator, according to ITT
Jennings Co.

Good luck!

73,
Paul WN7T

I just bought a 8877 on Ebay advertised as new...I just tested it on my
hipot and found it draws 40 microamps(Cold) at 4000vdc...Comments from amps
guys? Guy says to return and he`ll refund my money if it`s not DOA!
Wow,screwed Huh? Jim K7RDX..