[Amps] Amplifier Rule Changes in the new R&O

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sat Oct 14 09:13:43 EDT 2006

I couldn't agree more, Paul - but my point was precisely that it DOESN'T change anything for manual amps - the only way to meet the requirement is to continue to stop at 15 meters.  I'm a little concerned, though, that the "NOT easily modifiable" requirement might even preclude sale of existing manual amps, unless their certification is grandfathered.  After all, don't some of them require just cutting a single wire or changing the plate  choke?

73, Pete N4ZR