[Amps] Amplifier Rule Changes in the new R&O

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Sat Oct 14 17:37:04 EDT 2006

> Sure, no problem, but would it be hard enough to disable?

Probably harder than wiring around a bandstop filter and removing
a stop in the bandswitch which seems to be the "standard" under
the current rules.

If a PIC or simple processor was programmed to control the T/R
switching, bias, grid trip, and plate overcurrent (arc detection)
- all of which are very easy to do - disabling the controller
would disable the amplifier.  I can see a controller doing
many functions more reliably and at lower cost than individual
discrete circuits.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV