[Amps] Step Start on a 3KA Amp

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 09:25:06 EDT 2006

Hi Larry,  there are no solenoid relays in the power supply to control the
duration that the cone heater to be in the circuit.  The switch on the front
of the amp is manually switched from off to pre-op to CW voltage.  The relay
you are talking about is a DPDT relay (RY-101)which protects against more
than 1A being drawn in the secondary.  If more than 1A is detected, the
relay trips and shuts off the primary.  This is essentially the same circuit
that is in the 4K-Ultra.  It is adjustable by moving the slider on R-103.

73  Bob