[Amps] HV Turn On Delay

Phil Clements philc at texascellnet.com
Wed Sep 27 14:26:16 EDT 2006

> >>To be sure, why not contact the engineering dept. of your tube
> >>manufacturer for guidance?
>
> Good idea, but not possible with GS35-B !

Sure it's possible; take a crash course in Russian and call them up!
The consensus on this thread, and also my opinion is that as long as the
tube(s) are hard-biased and cannot draw current, no harm is done applying HV
along with filament/heater voltage, while the PTT line is held open by the
timer circuit. I know from personal experience that 8877's are okay with
this technique. My Harris RF=130's (2X4CX1500B's) withhold HV until time-out
for some reason. I don't know if that was an Eimac recommendation, or a
Harris engineering decision.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC