[Amps] 2M 8877 Amplifier: No grid or plate current

W.F van Wyk zs6arf at telkomsa.net
Thu Apr 12 14:01:46 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I am attempting to commission an 2 meter 8877 home built amplifier.

As I did not do the construction I have to reverse engineer.

The mechanical and electronic construction do look sound and according to
the schematic I have with the amp.

There is about 2,200 Volts on the anode and 4,7 Volts on the filaments.

Problem is with or without drive I get to see not Grid or Plate current on
the meter (which is functioning).

Also I get to see the RF through but when I initiate the AMP the RF through
decreases and no setting will get any response.

Other than the tube being damaged what else can I look for to be the
problem?

Any tests I can do on the tube?

73

Wynand