[Amps] Rehabbing that dusty old

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 09:30:58 EDT 2007

Tom W8JI wrote:
>> I measured them - the results appeared here a while ago. The ratio of
>> effective series resistance at 30MHz to that at 100MHz is lower in the
>> TL922 suppressor than the others (mabye I should have explained that's
>> my arbitary definition of less effective).
>

> What did they do wrong?
I haven't got round to investigating why they are different. It's on the
list of things to do, but that stretches a long way into the distance
these days. Visually, the one from TL922 looks nicest - thicker guage,
silver plated inductor. The Henry 2KD5 is unplated thinner brass strip
whiel the Dentron is just the usual wire round a resistor. I guess some
of it comes from the starting point. The Henry has 2 x 150R in parallel,
the TL922 2 x 47R.

Steve