[Amps] Postal Rates

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Sat Apr 28 21:58:56 EDT 2007

This is certainly off topic but ...

> Not only that, I was told by two clerks in two different Post
> Offices, that IRC's will not be sold or accepted after May 14!

Not true.  see Postal Service Bulletin 2203A:
  http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/2007/pb22203a.pdf

IRCs will be $2.00.  IRCs issued outside the US, Canada or Mexico
can be redeemed for $0.90 in postage.  IRCs issued in Canada or
Mexico can be redeemed for $0.69.  IRCs issued in the US can be
redeemed only by the original purchaser for $1.99.  Older IRCs
issued in the US may be redeemed only by the original purchaser
at $0.01 less than the face amount (e.g. $1.84 for the most recent
rate).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV