[Amps] My 813GG amp works

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon Apr 30 16:07:29 EDT 2007

My first QRO amplifier was a pair of 813's that I built as a teenager. I
got a transmitter at HS electronics in Miami.  It came with a lot of spare
tubes and loads of parts. Also had a 811 modulator and a separate power
supply. The power supplies were 1500 and 2000 volts. Any way I made a
simple grounded grid amplifier and drove it with a pair of 6146B's which in
turn was driven by a 20A exciter. Worked great. Later I got an HT4 and lots
of spare 250th tubes. I ran 2 in grounded grid which worked well
also.  Never got a full gallon on SSB but could on CW.

73
Bill wa4lav