[Amps] Heathkit HL-2200 Diminished receive.

Bruce Osterberg n9bx at mchsi.com
Mon Aug 6 05:48:32 EDT 2007

Good Morning
I have a Heath HL-2200 Amplifier that has a Amplifier in/out switch on
it.  When the Amplifier switch is out I can receive normally on my
transceiver.  But when I switch the Amplifier to the IN  position I do
draw the idling plate current of .1 amps, but my receiver is now about 6
S units down in receive.  Just listening to different noise levels on
different bands I can watch the S-meter on my FT-1000 mk v and see it go
down when switching the amplifier in and out.  The Amplifier does key
perfectly well though.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Bruce N9BX 73