[Amps] parasitic excuses

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Fri Aug 17 11:30:15 EDT 2007

Hi Colin
The point there was that even I cannot resist the urge to blame a parasitic. Actually it was my co-engineer who suggested it, and I was a doubter, but had to prove it otherwise. However, I do think that many cases of parasititus may come from overactive imaginations, which, unfortunately, have been cultivated from old QST articles, and from the WWW discussions in some small way. But, stick a hot dawg glass tube with lots of lead inductance in a circuit, crank the plate voltage high, put long thin connections on the plate tuning capacitor, and don't neutralize it, and you may guarantee to find one!

73
John
K5PRO