[Amps] wanted suitable blower for 8877 tube

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 02:44:23 EDT 2007

Fern Rivard wrote:
>     I thought that I had a proper blower for my hb 8877 hf amp but it ends up that it's too small so now I'm looking for a suitable blower with a flange for this amp.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.
>     Thanks from Fern
A Rotron Spinnaker 24V blower will just cool a 8877 at continuous
full tilt, and it's easy to wind the speed up and down if you want
to control noise levels. In the UK these are an attractive price
compared with mains powered fans.

There's an article at www.g8wrb.org describing how to estimate
what to expect from a blower given cage size and speed.

Steve