[Amps] Old GE docs on Radiotrons

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Thu Aug 30 17:55:19 EDT 2007

I was looking through some old GE REVIEW periodicals and found a set of  well written articles explaining the theory of vacuum tubes as they knew  them in 1927. Turns out they knew it pretty well, including Thoriated Tungsten filaments and oxide coated filaments. They didn't talk about screen grid tubes  but did talk about groups of damped waveforms, i.e., radiotelegraphy at the time. Amplfiers, HF Oscillators are discussed.

I don't have a place to post the scanned documents here, but I can email them to interested parties. Its in 2 parts, in 2 and 4 Megabyte size roughly. THEORY AND CHARACTERISTICS OF RADIOTRONS Parts I and II, by L. Koller of GE Research Lab and H. Schroeder of the Edison Lamp Works.

73
John
K5PRO