[Amps] Alpha 87A faults

Paul Young paul at g0hwc.com
Fri Dec 7 12:54:21 EST 2007

Hi all,
        I just got a 2nd hand Alpha 87a as "dead"
I got the reset info from Alpha and did the full reset to allow me to power the unit up.
It came up with a fault 37 (band switch not moving), after checking this and giving the bandswitch
a turn both ways, this now seems to be OK.
Now amp turns on, after 3mins the (wait) let goes off and within 5 mins i keep getting
fault 24 (System voltage fault. High voltage, 1/-15 volts, or -109 volts below safe operating )

To this time I have never TX'ed the amp.

Paul G0HWC

Check out my website  www.g0hwc.com