[Amps] Nicotine from last owner :-(

Steve Thompson g8gsq at eltac.co.uk
Sat Dec 8 04:23:20 EST 2007

 >Hi all,
 >        I have now got my Alpha 87A working. Now I have a small
 >problem with
 >the smell of nicotine from last owner.
Being really pedantic, what's troubling you is mostly tar, not
nicotine. That will point you at effective solvents if you want to
wash it away. The alternative is to drive off the volatile content
which gives the smell.

Take the covers off and blow a fan heater at it for a couple of
days in a shed, or bake it at 50C in an oven for as long as you
can get away with it, opening the door regularly to let all the
evaporated stuff escape.

Steve