[Amps] Blown Dentrons....

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Dec 10 19:20:38 EST 2007

On the MLA I would start by unsoldering the two transformer secondary leads
and try powering up. Then you know which direction to proceed. If you need
any help with resistance tests, etc let me know, I have 2 of them on a
shelf.

The GLA sounds like bad caps. With luck the xfmr may have survived. Run the
same procedure as above.  Complete amps and parts units are fairly common on
Ebay. Ameritron and Amp Supply made near identical units but I dont know if
transformers are physically interchangable. There are also many CB amps
around with similar tube lineups.

Carl
KM1H