[Amps] Bird Dual Line Section

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Dec 15 21:33:58 EST 2007

This may not be the right reflector for this but don't know where else to
ask for help.  I have a Bird Dual Line Section that I have had for years but
never used it.  Now I want to use it on the input of a BIG antenna tuner
that I homebrewed and I get no readings on the 30uA meter that I bought for
this project.  The tuner works fine.  I know that the wiring is correct and
the slugs that I am using are OK because I took my Bird 43 apart and find by
substitution that the dual line section is the culprit.  What can go wrong
with the line section?  Is there a circuit in the 3/8" tube that runs
longitudinally inside the unit?  Help!

Bob Maser
W6TR