[Amps] What is the best way to run a pair of 4-1000 tubes grounded Grid or another way? For 10 t

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 22 13:33:54 EST 2007

Ummm...

Won't a SINGLE 4-1000A amp  properly designed, and using relatively high(er) voltage on the plate, easily run full Amateur
legal limit  on 160 through 10?     In every mode, except perhaps 100 percent duty cycle modes like RTTY?
Save yourself some money, and design for a single tube....
I think at 10 meters, the stray capacitance at the plate, makes proper Pi Net design easier if you have a single tube, to keep
the C1 values practical.

I have heard of CBers using pairs, or even quad setup  of 4.1000As, but that is another story.

Merry Christmas...
All the Best, 73,
Pat Barthelow     aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Subscribe: http://bambi.net/jamesburg.html
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team