[Amps] 3CV1500A7

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Feb 6 10:47:39 EST 2007

Somewhere I have a very unusual 8877. It has no fins. It came in a surplus
pulsed RF amplifier used in a MRI system. The anode fit directly into the
tuned plate line (pipe) and some air was blown down the line to provide a
cooling. It was around 200 MHz and used in a high resolution imaging animal
research lab. They scrapped the whole system but traded in the
superconducting magnets.  I called EIMAC and gave them the House number on
the tube and sure enough it was simply a 8877 without any fins custom
produced for the NMR folks.

73
Bill wa4lav