[Amps] cooling tubes

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 22:11:47 EST 2007

I cool a single 3CX800A7 in my modified MLA2500 with a
Papst fan which has the same dimensions as the
original, but considerably higher output and can work
against a higher back pressure. Works quite fine -
exhaust air temperature always stays within limits
even on prolonged key down. I could check the part
number if needed, but I expect most of the major fan
manufacturers have similar models. The down side is
that fan noise is rather more, but still not as much
as a normal blower.

73 Roger
VE3ZI