[Amps] General question on filament life

Gary Myers garymyers at powerc.net
Thu Feb 8 14:24:53 EST 2007

Thanks - but I don't think it is quite the same as a light bulb
since the source impedance seen by the filament, especially in
amps like the Ten-Tec and ACOM where it is controlled inrush, is
higher than what a light bulb would see... thus my question...
even the manufacturer will tell you that turning it on and off
often will reduce the tube life - but no one puts any objective
values to it - only subjective...

thanks again for your comment Bob.

g.