[Amps] Lamps and surge protection

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 13 13:42:25 EST 2007

I wonder if the filament life of an ordinary incandescent light bulb relates
to that of an RF power tube.  One can fairly easily see the vibration set up
in the light bulb filament at turn-on.  I guess the vibration is caused by a
combination of AC voltage cycles and heating of the filament.

73, Keith NM5G