[Amps] Info On 4-1000A Availability...?

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Wed Feb 21 10:09:48 EST 2007

Good Morning All,

I have always had a yen to build a dedicated grounded-grid 160-meter linear amplifier around the venerable old 4-1000A...my recent "re-discovery" of the write-up on just such a beast in the 1985 edition of the ARRL's "Radio Amateur's Handbook" has only served to re-kindle my interest in this way.

Is there any source(s) left that still might have these old jugs readily available as "pulls", and/or give-aways to Amateurs...? I don't recall seeing many of them on the tables of local Hamfests in my 36 years as a Ham  here in southern Ontario --- perhaps they were more prevalent in the U.S.A., than here...?

Any & all leads appreciated, with thanks in advance...

~73!~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ