[Amps] Edge wound inductors

robert briggs vk3zl at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 27 18:31:34 EST 2007

I have a quantity of these edge wound inductors ex old broadcast station
equipment.Most were made by AWA.
They range from quite small, 30uh to more than 300uh.I have been able to
use a few of the smaller ones in antenna matching networks, but the
really large ones I haven't found a use here.I am fascinated by the
construction of them and have often thought of cutting down a couple of
the 150uh coils, making new spacer supports.However it may be a bit
risky as once you loosen the supports you would possibly end up with a
great bundle of  spiralling copper strap.
I have wrecked a couple and straightened out the strap to make copper
clamps for GS-35B tubes etc.Very tedious but rewarding.
Bob...VK3ZL..