[Amps] Edge wound inductors

garyschafer at comcast.net garyschafer at comcast.net
Wed Feb 28 11:22:48 EST 2007

I assume that you are comparing an edge wound inductor height to that of a similar height round  wire. By shaving off the sides of the wire to make it a flat edge wound coil wouldn't you be reducing the surface area of the edge wound coil? Won't that increase resistance?
If you make the edge wound inductor material higher then that would increase the turn to turn capacitance.

Why would eddy currents be lower in an edge wound inductor?

73
Gary  K4FMX

From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji at w8ji.com>