[Amps] Ferrite Rod

Larry Carman lncarman at swbell.net
Wed Jan 3 08:11:33 EST 2007

Jim,
   Forgot to mention this but you might consider floating the filament
transformer. I've never tried the approach myself but have heard others that
have had good results with it. It's pretty easy to isolate the filament
transformer from the chassis and use much smaller chokes in the primary
leads and no choke at all in secondary. Chokes in the primary would only be
passing about 1.6 amps or so. The capacitance between the transformer and
chassis would have to be calculating in with the input tuning network.
Larry N5BIP