[Amps] schamatis 160 meter amp using 3cx3000a7

Robert B. Bonner rbonner at qro.com
Fri Jan 12 15:04:37 EST 2007

HA, because in the "Old Days" there wasn't keyboards in radio shacks, the
words "Three By Three" or "MOJO" came out of your mouth and not a keyboard.

Even after working in the computer world for a zillion years when my buddies
who all had email said to me... Why aren't you on the Internet?  MY answer
sarcastically was, "What's the Internet?" my way of saying computers don't
belong in the radio room.  I was winning contests with paper, pencils and a
mic.  I didn't use Voice keyers or computers.  Years later I still type with
2 fingers and a pair of thumbs.  I was a hardware guy not a programmer.  I
ran diagnostics...

Really cool things sort of lose their esoteric-ness when typed, don't you
think?

Why not a 4CX1000?  Well because a pair of glowing 4-1000A's were far more
righteous.  It wasn't fashionable to stack a pair of finned tubes until the
8877.

3 By 3 a hunk of lumber?  Do you mean a 4 By 4? (POST) Or a 2 by 4? (STUD)
Lets not lose focus here.

Radio is a finite set of laws and rules formulated by those who have come
before you.  73's?  Who and heck was the first person to use that to mean
something?  I mean it sings to you on CW, for those of you who know da code.

88's?  I understand 69.  If I was talking to a babe, why not wish a happy 69
on her? Well because somebody in the past gave her an 88 which is obviously
somehow better than 69 or 73.  I'm still trying to figure that one out. But
I accept it as it came before my time.

The thing that is important is that QRO comes before QRP in the Q codes so
it is more important, Better somehow...

I just happened to have lived and coined several phases in my life, helped
firm up some definitions.  I happen to be around calling big tubes by there
3 by 3...  While somebody in CB land started calling big assed transistors
PILLS.  Which has always been sort of a bitter pill for me to swallow.

SO, if you wanna become "something" in this hobby become a trend setter, I'm
not too much longer for this world and somebody must carry on the gospel of
QRO.

And The Delta seeth the AMPLIFIER that it is good, and The Delta separateth
between the POWERFUL and the WEAK AND PUNY, and The Delta calleth the
POWERFUL `QRO,` and to the PUNY He hath called `QRP;` and there be rare DX,
and there is a NEW ONE in the log -- day one.

NOW! you guys STOP being so silly.

BOB DD